Do you wish your local boutique sold Heyland & Whittle products? Do you want to win a Heyland & Whittle candle?
If you said yes to the above questions, you are in luck! Leave a comment below letting us know where you want to see Heyland & Whittle products sold. On July 20th we will pick a lucky winner randomly to win a candle of their choice!
(This contest is for US Residents only. Thank you!!)
With summer upon us, I have been trending to lighter, flowery scents. My current favorite is Citrus & Lavender by Heyland & Whittle, although there are plenty of others that I find myself drawn to. Here are some of my favorite summer scents:
Summer Solstice is THE perfect bar of soap for the summer (as I am sure you can tell by the name). Its light fragrance is fresh and inviting.
As I mentioned before, Citrus & Lavender is one of my favorite scents right now. I use both the body wash and the lotion!
I guess I am on a lavender kick. This body butter is so luxurious and it makes my skin ready for shorts weather!
I love the Hope & Glory lemongrass scent. It is light and a perfect scent for any room in the house year round, but especially nice in the summer!
What is your favorite fragrance for the summer? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Thank you to everyone who left a review and entered into our “Leave a Review” contest! Congratulations to Betty L. for winning! Betty, please email me at Lindsey@bluebirdbathandbeauty.com with your preferred mailing address and preferred scent of Heyland and Whittle bar soap!
Betty has won a beautiful bar of soap with a soap dish!
When you only have a few minutes to get out the door, the intricacies of eye makeup are the last thing you want to think about. But “no time” doesn’t mean “no makeup”! In just 5 steps, this tutorial can have you out the door with a look that uses a few tools and even fewer products.
Start with a primed eye and the Youngblood Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow Quad in Starlet.
- Apply the lightest cream shade to the inner corner with a flat shader brush.
- Press the silver shade all over the rest of the eyelid using the same flat shader.
- Blend the deep gray into the crease with a fluffy blending brush.
- Use a liner brush to sweep the deepest shade along the upper lash line.
- Apply your favorite mascara.
Done! You are ready to head out the door with a subtle, yet polished makeup look using just one eyeshadow quad and three brushes.
What look gets you out the door?
With the warmer spring and summer months comes the possibility of makeup meltdown. Powder blush can cake up and fade away as you produce more oil throughout the day, so cream products are a great option for the warmer months. But, when going from a powder to a cream product, the application process doesn’t always come naturally. Here are a few easy tips to help you apply your cream blush and highlight quickly and simply so it will stay all day.
1. Choose a cream-to-powder product like Beauty For Real’s Cheek Tint and Luminizer. Despite assuming a cream form in the pan, it dries down to a powder consistency so it won’t remain sticky throughout the day.
2. Using your fingers to apply cream products can help them blend more easily into the skin. Your body heat will help melt the makeup so that it glides more smoothly and evenly over your skin while also sinking in to ensure more lasting power.
3. If you prefer using brushes to apply your makeup, pick synthetic brushes so that the fibers don’t absorb product, making them harder to clean. A small stippling brush from Bdellium tools is perfect for stippling cream blush on the cheeks and helps avoid moving any foundation or powder you’ve already applied. Likewise, a large tapered blending brush is ideal for applying cream highlight because it’s size and shape allow for precision and a flawless application.
For more tips, tricks, and a tutorial, watch the video below!
Over the weekend we attended the 2013 Boston Gift show as the exclusive US distributors of Heyland & Whittle. We were so excited to introduce our product to the US market, and are thrilled at that positive response we got.
Heyland & Whittle, a company located in Surrey, England, has amazing products that both look and smell amazing. You can find out more about Heyland & Whittle by visiting our wholesale website here or you can shop for Heyland & Whittle products here.
Many out there are face-makeup minimalists, using only one product to try and achieve a sculpted, yet natural look because an abundance of products means an unnatural appearance. Despite seeming like sound logic, it’s actually not the case! In order to get definition and a healthy glow, you need products with multiple shades and textures. Venturing outside of a one-step face makeup routine can be intimidating, so here are a few steps to simplifying the process:
1. Pick a powder with a matte or satin finish to contour. Shimmery products a great for highlighting, but they can make artificial sculpting look, well, artificial. Products without glitter or shimmer will better recreate the natural shadow contouring attempts to mimic.
2. Use the right tools. Using a big, fluffy powder brush is great for creating an all-over bronzed effect, but applying contour, blush, and highlight requires a more precise tool. A large tapered brush or slanted contour brush are great for providing precision.
3. Take your time with blush. For many, this is the only step in their face makeup routine so blush gets applied haphazardly and is granted entirely too much real estate. Take your time to build up a natural flush in specific areas and avoid an 80′s flashback.
4. Highlight with a purpose. Highlighting is meant to create the illusion of high points on the face and draw attention to them, but you can always have too much of a good thing. Going overboard can make you look greasy and flat, so only apply highlighter to areas you want to stand out and layer it on as an extra safeguard.
To see these tips in action, watch the video below!
It is always exciting to get new product in our store. The new scent, feel, and packaging of a product is an amazing one. Most recently we got a shipment from Naples Soap, and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I love the smell of the Almond Coconut Gift Bag Trio.
Want to see all of the Naples Soap products that we have? Check them out here!
I know we aren’t supposed to have favorites… but I have to tell you that I am pretty much in love with our new Heyland & Whittle Candles in a Tin. This winter has seemed to drag along, and when I laid eyes on the bright spring-like packaging I knew I had to know more.
These Candles in a Tin come in several great scents (my favorite is probably the Coconut Vanilla & Black Pepper) and have a cover so they are portable. For those of us who travel a lot it will be a great way to carry a little bit of home wherever we go.